HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a under cabinet heater: part no. 36THII 10577L140-40F…

Customer Question
I have a under...

I have a under cabinet heater: part no. 36THII 10577L140-40F 050811 J9407. Runs continually.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Last winter it started doing this so I turned it off. It's in a cabin up north so it wasn't a big issue but is more or less a back off should the furnace stop working. I removed the base board under the cabinet and removed it. It is a 1000/750 watt heater, 240/208 60 Hz ac volt . It's 14 " wide by 8" deep and 3 1/2 high. The part number I gave you is from a little devise located above the heater which I believe is a thermo unit that activated the unit to turn on and to shut off? Tom

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

I JUST INSTALLED A NEW FURNACE FILTER LAST MONTH.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

YES

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/21/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 7 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Looks like the part number id for the limit switch.Do you see an actual model on a rating plate on heater?

P/N 070311 Rev. A
Please call

I am unable to take phone call right now. The offer is site generated automatically. This will be presented to my colleagues so you may get a call from one of them if available.We can continue here to try to solve your problem

No e-mails please use phone
HVAC Technician: Chad DeYoung,
 replied 7 months ago
Chad DeYoung

Hello my name is***** will try and clear things up for you! Is you question what is the device attached to the electric baseboard heater causing it to not shut off?