HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Hvac troubleshoot. Airease RPGE13 will not crank up for

Hvac troubleshoot. Airease RPGE13 will...
Hvac troubleshoot.
Airease RPGE13 will not crank up for heating for the first time this season. LED indicator light is blinking a fast steady blink which is supposed to indicate normal operation. I am a handyman by trade and at a friends house trying to help them out. Any tricks of the trade would be appreciated
11/21/2017
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Sounds like maybe a thermostat issue, is the thermostat battery powered? If so replace the batteries and try it. If not when you switch the thermostat to FAN ON does the fan run?

It will be a few minutes til I can check I will be back with you in a few minutes

No problem

Ok, we were purging the gas system per the instructions on the panel. So I had to wait before turning it back on.
I turned it back on by the fuse panel with the gas system switch off,the system started up with the fan on and the sound I usually associate with gas running on any heater unit. When I turned the switch to on the whole unit stopped everything,no fan no running gas sound. I came to the thermostat and played with the settings to make sure heat was supposed to be currently on, nothing happened. I switched the fan to run now,nothing happened. We are dealing with a nest thermostat,so we now have it taken off the wall and are charging it to make sure it is charged.
So I guess any other ideas for when we try it again in about 30 mins would be awesome
Oh and now the LED is blinking a 2 pattern and I can’t make out the code explanation on the panel because the sticker is deteriorating

Shut the power off to the unit for about 20 secs and turn it back on and try it again

Ok the light is blinking fast steady again,but the fan still won’t come on and nothing else does either.Ok the unit just attempted to cut on,it started sounding like it was going to kick in it revved up for about 5 seconds and did not ignite and then it revved down ,when it did the light actually began blinking even faster so I guess it is blinking at the slow steady blink actually
It has tried a second and a third time but kicks off after 5 seconds or so when it doesn’t ignite

CLICK HERE Also make sure that tube is not cracked.

We got it going, it was a wiring problem at the thermostat. The C wire was a light blue that connected to a yellow and then came from the unit to the thermostat and whoever installed it had it hooked to y1 instead of C..that got the heat properly working and no more Nest codes but it only registers the heat it doesn’t register the cool now which is what it was using of course thru the summer. So they’re going to have a tech come out I guess to finish it up. Thank you for your help

OK no problem, weird issue have a Happy Thanksgiving!

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.

HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH