HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

My unit is not operating correctly. I have it set at a temp,

and it doesn't come on...
my unit is not operating correctly. I have it set at a temp, and it doesn't come on when the temp goes below the set heating temp. I have to manually hit the set button and it comes on, but then it doesn't turn off once the set temp is reached.
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: what could be the problem
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I have changed the filters
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the thermostat settings? on the control panal?
11/21/2017
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Replace the batteries in the unit and see what happens, if you do not have batteries let m eknow the make and model of the thermostat.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I changed the batteries last week
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Honeywell
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Pro 2000 series

OK on the Pro Series units when they start to not shut off or turn on at set temp the thermostat is bad. They had some issues with the 2000 series doing that, just get a new thermostat I like the Vision Pro units myself. You can get them at Home Depot. Easy to setup and use nice screen size and great battery life.

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.

HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH