HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I want to know if I can on a F 45 Greenville jotul

I want to know...

I want to know if I can cook on a F 45 Greenville jotul woodstove.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

I am considering buying one and have not been able to determine if it can be used to cook on. This is my back up cooking source in case of power outages

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

We have a woodstove installed and using it for 30 plus years. Thinking of replacing it . The dealer said our chimney and type of location in the house will work fine.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have done a lot of research and really want to confirm the top of this model gets hot enough to cook with. I like the design of this model

11/21/2017
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, HVAC Mechanic

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. You have certainly picked a good model to replace your unit with. This is most certainly a nice piece. It heats up to 400-600 degrees. It does get hot enough to cook on if need be. Also wanted to include a manual in the event you do not have one for the model you are considering. I am glad you got the chimney and area inspected before deciding the purchase. That of course can be a make or break deal for these types of things.

file:///C:/Users/legal/Downloads/139575_08%20Manual_F%2045_EPA.pdf​

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, HVAC Mechanic