HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a weil mclain boiler CGA gold that won't fire up. The…

Customer Question
I have a weil...

I have a weil mclain boiler CGA gold that won't fire up. The gas valve does not open. Measured voltage there I get about 1 volt. Checked the pressure switch and resistance across switch goes to 0 when functioning, Fusable link has resistance of 0.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

This is the first I turned the system on this season

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible I have some technical ability

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I already replaced the valve so I can rule that out

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/21/2017
HVAC Technician: Webb-Guy, HVAC Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, HVAC Mechanic

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble.

On the CGA there are only about 3 things that will make the gas valve not open.

The first is if the motorized flue damper malfunctions...This is pretty common on those things. If it doesn't wind all the way open, it won't make the end switch.. That will hold the gas valve out. The switch in them goes bad as well. The other thing is the roll out switch which you have already checked so that should be good. The other thing is the draft hood spill switch located on the flue pipe.

I would say your problem is more then likely the flue damper.