HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Weil-McLain CGa boiler. The pilot is lit and it…

I have a Weil-McLain...

I have a Weil-McLain CGa boiler. The pilot is lit and it sounds like it is switching on and off (when the thermostat is on) but we're getting no heat. Is there something I should be checking? Thanks.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

I replaced the thermostat and it appears to be working as designed. Would the filters prevent the boiler from pushing out any heat?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Well I think it is something small so initially yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, that is it.

11/21/2017
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

Are the burners firing up? is the boiler gettng hot? is the pump/circulator running?

No, they are not. Although when we turn the thermostat on, it sounds like the boiler wants to start.

you didn't answer all my questions. is the pump(s) running?

Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Phone call session started
No, no pumps running.