HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

What would cause mt Vernon ae auger to run in reverse. Had…

Customer Question
Second opinion] what would...

Second opinion] what would cause mt Vernon ae auger to run in reverse

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Had the pellet since we moved into house 4yrs ago

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Ive changed motors optic eye and it still runs backwards

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The optic wheel was bent cant get a replacement and it worked the first winter we were her the stove is about 10yrs old I think

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/21/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 8 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello

This is very rare, first time I have seen it in my 57 year career. Tell me if this happened after you had it worked on, in that case perhaps a wiring error, or it it happened spontaneously, in that case the auger motor could be bad.

Take a close up, exceedingly well focused photo of the wiring diagram glued inside the electrical service panel, and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo(s) to me.

We can go from there with training, coaching and diagnosis.... without a time limit, In depth with as much detail as needed , after you rate this answer:

Select the 'finish and rate your expert link' near the top of your page and click on it.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

.

OPENING STATEMENTS

Important note about RATING my work:

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor ... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally.. and with over 8,000 questions answered here since 2009, with a 98.5% satisfaction rating.

.

All I ask is please respect me and my input by selecting the***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site. Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair,and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course, and goes beyond what most other experts here offer.....rate my answer so far positively.. . and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime so to speak.

That said, I cannot guarantee that you will not do something unsafe, or cause damages. You take that risk.

.

Lacking a positive rating I can spend days helping a person at my own expense and loose my shirt, shorts and socks on the deal.

.

Phone call offers:

If you wish to accept the companies $25 phone call offer, if indeed they send you one, this will go a *lot faster, but it IS 100% optional... or we can continue here in this dialog box at no additional charge.

.

Tell me a lot about your technical background and instruments on hand so that I can coach you most effectively. We can go from here as you keep asking follow up questions without any limits …