HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have 3 programmable thermostats in my house. I want to…

Customer Question
I have 3 programmable...

I have 3 programmable thermostats in my house. I want to disable the programmable feature on all 3 to allow us to set the temperature and have the system go to heat or cool to achieve it. I want to be able to turn the system off at will. How do I do this

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

My question is how do I disable the programmable part of the thermostat

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No all I want to do is to be able to change the temperature at will and have the system decide if it it heat or cool and strive to achieve the temperature. I do not want it to automatically change based on time.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/20/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 8 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

You override the programmin by pressing HOLD then set the temp where you want it