HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Heater not heating. One day. I,m not sure. I have removed…

Customer Question
Heater not heating Contractor's...

Heater not heating

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

One day

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I,m not sure. I have removed the front cover. you can hear the click when the water is turned on but the blower does not come on

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

One day. serious, no hot water

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nothing that I can think of

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/20/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 8 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Take a close up, exceedingly well focused photo of the wiring diagram glued inside the furnace/air handler door, or boiler zone controller panel, and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo(s) to me.

We can go from there with training, coaching and diagnosis.... without a time limit, In depth with as much detail as needed , after you rate this answer:

Select the 'finish and rate your expert link' near the top of your page and click on it.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

.

OPENING STATEMENTS

Important note about RATING my work:

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor ... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally.. and with over 8,000 questions answered here since 2009, with a 98.5% satisfaction rating.

.

All I ask is please respect me and my input by selecting the***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site. Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair,and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course, and goes beyond what most other experts here offer.....rate my answer so far positively.. . and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime so to speak.

That said, I cannot guarantee that you will not do something unsafe, or cause damages. You take that risk.

.

Lacking a positive rating I can spend days helping a person at my own expense and loose my shirt, shorts and socks on the deal.

.

Phone call offers:

If you wish to accept the companies $25 phone call offer, if indeed they send you one, this will go a *lot faster, but it IS 100% optional... or we can continue here in this dialog box at no additional charge.

.

Tell me a lot about your technical background and instruments on hand so that I can coach you most effectively. We can go from here as you keep asking follow up questions without any limits …

.

Take a close up, exceedingly well focused photo of the wiring diagram glued inside the furnace/air handler door, and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo(s) to me.

those actions are necessary to keep you on top of my list.