HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

My Rodgers digital display thermostat does not display

My White Rodgers digital display...
My White Rodgers digital display thermostat does not display anything. The house is getting colder. The fan will turn on.
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: I think it is thermostat specific. There is no display.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, it is cold in Illinois tonight!
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The thermostat has been loosey-goosey since we moved in last June. It moves around or jiggles a lot.
11/20/2017
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello, one minute while I get some information together. Note it takes time to type so please be patient.

Is the thermostat battery powered?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I don't think so. I do not see any place for a battery.

Remove it from the base and check for any batteries you may have them on the back of the unit. See what you find and let me know, the front display head will pop off the base.

Did the batteries work?

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
n ew batteries did the trick. Thanks!

No problem!

HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH