HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have a 80uhg that when i call for heat the gas burner

Customer Question
doesnt light and the blower...
I have a 80uhg that when i call for heat the gas burner doesnt light and the blower comes on
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: Are you there
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Thermostat auto and heat, and filters are new
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: HVAC
11/20/2017
HVAC Technician: Webb-Guy, HVAC Mechanic replied 23 days ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, HVAC Mechanic

H​ello, and welcome to JustAnswer. MY name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this issue. From the sounds of it your ignitor or thermocouple has went bad and is going to need to be replaced.

is​ there any flashing lights that are happening?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Led 1 is on led 2 is flashing slow, and both roll out swithes are closed

have you tried resetting the roll out switches yet? If not lets try that first and we can go from there. This could possibly be a clogged inducer motor or your inducer motor may have gone bad.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Tried reset neither one was triped

ok so what I need you to check is the hoses to the inducer motor you can try blowing through them by your mouth if your careful or somehow making sure there is nothing clogging those hoses.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Are you talking about the hose from the combustion blower to the presure switch?

yes

have you tried testing the roll out switches with a multimeter?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
No

ok now did you check the hoses first?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
i checked the hose

ok lets try ohming out the roll out switches

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I did and both were closed

well the code you are getting is

Rollout switch open. OR: 9 pin connector improperly attached.

le​ts try one more thing can you test the pressure switch for me

because the only other option is that you have a bad board and I want to rule out what we can before diagnosing that.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

HVAC Technician: Webb-Guy, HVAC Mechanic replied 22 days ago

I noticed that your question was still open were you needing anything further?

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, HVAC Mechanic