HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a 1989 vintage Vaillant boiler that continues to

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a 1989 vintage Vaillant boiler that continues to ignite and then shuts off. What would cause this problem?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

I think only for a week or so.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes or if too hard i can get help.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

All the zone valves were recently replaced and all seem to work properly and the house is warm and comfortable then this popped up.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/20/2017
HVAC Technician: Andrew Smith, HVAC Technician replied 8 months ago
Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, HVAC Technician
It doesn't know it is lit. Try cleaning all the electrodes and that does not work then replace them and their leads
I forgot to mention that I had a local plumbing company do a full service and diagnostic check, they could not give me a good reason for this problem. It still does the same thing. I did find the model # on it, it's a Vaillant GA92-080 . I am thinking it may be time to replace it.

It may just be a £40 fix?

Is there a model name on the boiler case?

no not that I could find just the model & serial and technical info.

Could it be the EcoCraft?

It sounds quite old?

I don't know, no name anywhere on the boiler. And yes is a bit old , installed in 1989 but not sure of the model year of the boiler.

A decent engineer would know to look at the electrodes.

Perhaps give another engineer a ring and explain the problem before they come out to see you?