HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have a Nordyne 3.5 Ton heat pump that a acted up and

Customer Question
wouldn’t heat last week. It...
I have a Nordyne 3.5 Ton heat pump that a acted up and wouldn’t heat last week. It has small leak in coil that seems very slight. R 22 imstalled , unit holding 40psi for twenty minutes the repairman (friend) n I watched. Soap bubble showed around bergundy coil at front of unit. Unit 10 yrs old . I CAN NOT afford a new unit, as just replaced 4x4 in truck, had kidney surgery, payed Lawyer 5000 for divorce repres!!! I have cold weld solution that Never failed me, hot or cold uses. Can I get by or is there a professional product that may seal leak?
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: Set on 70- stays on 70. No variance
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: What my “ retired” Hear and Air “ man can’t do, until a golden egg laying hen drops in my lap, I want to seal the leak, either myself or affordable expert
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The unit has only has one episode when healting coil or element burned out. Been a great unit. with all I got on me, I just can’t put a new unit in. By way: i also had new septic and drain lines put down in 2017! Been a bad year. Thank for your listening
Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/20/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 23 days ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Many sealants can cause blockages in orifices and metering devices.If you are gointg to try anything.I recommend Nu Calgon.

https://www.amazon.com/Nu-Calgon-4050-06-C-Easy-Seal/dp/B005DTLM1O

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
Thanks for reply. Ended up taking evap coil out, soddering copper tubing, pressurize tomorrow and hope. Thanks for info
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 12 days ago

If you have further questions, please let me know.
Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.
To rate answer, please select one of the stars on the page.

airheatman
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician