HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My thermostat is showing an error code 272. Have no idea but…

Customer Question
Hi. My thermostat is...

Hi. My thermostat is showing an error code 272

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

Have no idea but it listed this website as a source

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Don't know, depends on what the code means

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of, no.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/20/2017
HVAC Technician: Webb-Guy, HVAC Mechanic replied 10 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, HVAC Mechanic

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. What thermostat do you have?

Lennox
I'd actually like to have a refund and not do this at all

i ​am sorry if the site offered the automatic phone call its not from me please just disregard it.

so the error 272

Furnace) The furnace is in Watchguard mode. The furnace low pressure switch is open during run mode.

Check operation of low pressure switch to see if it is stuck open during a heat call. Measure operating pressure (inches w.c.). Inspect vent and combustion air inducer for correct operation and restriction. The alarm/fault will clear when a heat call ends successfully

I wanted to follow up with you to see if you were still needing help or needing anything further?

No, thank you. No offense, but your help wasn't very helpful.

well I did answer your question as far as the error and told you what to check. Was there something else you were needing?