HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Tappan furnace isn’t staying on. Red light on panel blinks…

Tappan furnace isn’t staying...

Tappan furnace isn’t staying on. Red light on panel blinks four times.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

Yes, replaced last week.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can figure it out...

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Replaced the thermostat yesterday, thought the old wasn’t working. Set at 74, house is mid 60s

Model FG6RC 080C - 16B
Watching the burner view port, the igniter glows orange, then the gas flows and lights blue. The igniter goes out, then the gas goes out about 10 seconds later.
11/20/2017
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician

Russ here. Need to clean there flame sensor. Easy to do . It is thick wire located last burner and has one wire attached. !/4 inch screw holds sensor in place remove and sand sensor and replace and retry. Russ.

gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
I couldn’t find the sensor, so I removed the burner cover. I then saw the sensor, and reseated the wire. The system fired up properly after I cycled the power. Thank you for your assistance!