HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

We have a relatively new lazer 30. it is shutting off with…

Customer Question
Hello! We have a...

Hello! We have a relatively new lazer 30. it is shutting off with an EE12 code displayed, every half hour. We have cleaned it to no avail. .We don't know what the "High Level Switch" is that has evidently been activated

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Off & on for months, it seems to be chronic but not specific time line. it's running fine now, for at east another half hour. Wow! you're quick!

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Well,... yea, I've torn down our lazer 56 completely so know the nuts and bolts. harder to dig into this smaller model, don't want to if I can avoid it.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Don't know, Figured it's a button sequence we're not familiar with. Not addressed in the manual. What does "High Limit" switch mean?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

It's a Lazer 30 Toyo

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/20/2017
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 8 months ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech

My name is Billy.

This code means the unit is basically overheating.

Whether it is a plugged rear filter, blower wheel, anything that restricts the air flow through the the unit.

It is rare, but possible you have a weak temp/limit switch that trips but I have never seen that yet. It is most always related to the motor, blower wheel or filter. Is the unit at least 4" from back wall?

Billy