HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I would like to hook up a New Digital Themostat. Since I…

I would like to...

I would like to hook up a New Digital Themostat

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Since I woke up this Morning

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

All I have is 2 wires coming out of the wall

Answered in 1 minute by:
11/19/2017
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

You connect the leads to R & W. Most common colors are red and white. White to W and Red (or the other color) to R. If that's what you did I need the brand and model of your thermostat.

it's actually White and Blue, I thought I had done that hookup but the Model No. is Honeywell TH4110D1007

If you have the leads connected to R & W and your furnace or boiler won't respond then you probably have a problem unrelated to the thermostat.

Well I rehooked up the old Mercury Thermostat and the Furnace started working again normally, which is good as it is snowing today, I know I could have picked better weather to do this project.

If you didn't change any of the installer set up functions (default setting will work) and you connected to R & W it should work. You can try switching the colors since color coding isn't always followed.

Alright, well I will give it another go here in a bit, my Wife tells me lunch is ready, thank you for your input, I appreciate it.

You're welcome

Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor