HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I changed my thermostat and then put the original back nd…

Customer Question
I changed my thermostat...

I changed my thermostat and then put the original back nd not it will not light up at all

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

Something specific to the thermostat because it was on before I started with it . By on I mean it had a light to it

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It is a Honeywell thermostat

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/19/2017
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 10 months ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hi I amCustomer a independent technician, I will assist you with your issue.

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE after we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

While you changed thermostat did you shut main power to your furnace?

It sounds like you most likely just burnt the 24V supply fuse (3 or 5 Amps) in your furnace