HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I changed my thermostat and then put the original back nd

Customer Question
not it will not light...
I changed my thermostat and then put the original back nd not it will not light up at all
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: Something specific to the thermostat because it was on before I started with it . By on I mean it had a light to it
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It is a Honeywell thermostat
Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/19/2017
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 25 days ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hi I amCustomer a independent technician, I will assist you with your issue.

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE after we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

While you changed thermostat did you shut main power to your furnace?

It sounds like you most likely just burnt the 24V supply fuse (3 or 5 Amps) in your furnace

Gaztech
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician