HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My Carrier 98% efficient warm air heater does not reach

Customer Question
My Carrier 98% efficient...

My Carrier 98% efficient warm air heater does not reach maximum fan speed in the heating mode. There is an dd - on "A" cooling coil (by Trans) added above the bonnet and the same fan turns fast enough to move air adequately when in the cooling mode. The heating mode fan speed is inadequate and moving air is not detectable at 80% of the outlets.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Filter is new and heating mode air is all inadequate when filter is removed. T - stat modes read proper settings as verified by either er the heating flam on or the outdoor compressor running.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

NO. I would gladly call a license technician if it were a routing fix.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The heating unit and associated cooling coil are installed in the attic of a two story home. All heat or cold is downfeed.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/19/2017
HVAC Technician: Webb-Guy, HVAC Mechanic replied 5 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, HVAC Mechanic

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question if you are still needing help that is?

No need to continue at this time. I got help from a friend who is a degreed heating engineer with experience with Burnham, Mc Donnell Miller, etc. and is sure he can get the right control thermostat to do the job. I will know if his idea works by Tuesday and will get back to you if there is no change.Jim

sounds good in the event you need anything further feel free to reach out to me on here.

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, HVAC Mechanic