HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have an TACO SR502 that controls 2 pumps one for zone1 for

Customer Question
Hello, I have an TACO SR502...
I have an TACO SR502 that controls 2 pumps one for zone1 for Hot water loop and the other for zone2 for baseboard heat and I also have a new TACO ZVC406 that control one other pump that supply heated floor loops. They both work fine except that when the ZVC406 request heat the pump goes on but not the boiler.
Is there a wiring thing that needs to be done between the SR502 and the ZVC406 so the boiler will start when the ZVC406 requests it? Thanks for your help.
Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: HVAC
11/18/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 27 days ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

You could connect the boiler end switch to the boiler control TT terminals (same termnals SR502 XX endswitch is connected to). I'm assuming they're using the pump end swtch terminals on the ZVC to control the pump.

Do you have more questions?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
That does not answer my question. Or tell me how I connect the ZVC to the SR502.
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 26 days ago

I beg to differ. I did answer your question which was how to get the burner to fire up when the ZVC calls for heat. You can't connect the ZVC to your SR502 which already has both zones accounted for. If you want the DHW on priority then you need an SR503. Let me know if you don't know where to connect ZVC boiler end switc leads.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I need to know how to connect so that when the ZVC request heat the boiler turns on. I don't know what contact from the ZVC connects to the SR502 or the boiler to achieve that.

I told you what to connect in my last 2 answers. One more time: ZVC boiler end switch leads to boiler control thermostat terminals. Same place your SR502 end sitch terminals are connected. I'm offline for at least 3 hours, maybe the rest of the day. Back online ~9 am ET tomorrow

I gave you that info in my last 2 answers. One more time: ZVC boiler end switch terminals to boiler control thermostat terminals. Same place your SR502 end switch terminals are connected. I'm offline for at least 3 hours, maybe the rest of the day. Back online ~9 am ET tomorrow

HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 22 days ago

Do you have more questions?

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer