HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

When I turn on the switch, I can see the pilot flickering…

Customer Question
When I turn on...

When I turn on the switch, I can see the pilot flickering and I hear what sounds like a gruggeling sound, but the flames don't light up?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

This is the first time we have turned on the fireplace in about 6 or 7 months, we have tried turning it on/off several times.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what type of fireplace is this?

Electric healilator fireplace

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I can, yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nothing I can think of.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 2 days by:
11/21/2017
HVAC Technician: Jerry, Service Technician replied 8 months ago
Jerry, Service Technician

Can you provide the model number of your fireplace?