HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

What would cause only 3 blowers on Maytag furnace to ignite?

Customer Question
There are no blockages...
What would cause only 3 blowers on Maytag furnace to ignite? There are no blockages
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/18/2017
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 8 months ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello, one minute while I get some information together. Note it takes time to type so please be patient.

Have you throroughly blew all the burners out and cleaned out each of the orifices with a paperclip?

the entire passage is clean and the 2 nozzles pieces on the last 2 blowers have been cleaned

Can you light it manually when the others light?

No, I have tried to light the last 2 using a grill lighter and they will not light
It is almost as if there is not enough gas flowing for all 5

Also there are small slits in the burner tubes that connect all of them....do this....CLICK HERE

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.

Those have been cleaned as well

I would double check and clean them again have you had the whole assembly out? Or are you trying to clean it in place?

can you opt out of the question so someone else can take a shot at it?
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 8 months ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hi I am Gaztech1, I will assist you with your issue.

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE after we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

Can you attatch a clear picture of the top of your gas valve

Are you ready?

Model number?

Model number please?