HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have been replacing 1361 2 wire zone valves at the rate of…

Customer Question
I have been replacing...

I have been replacing 1361 2 wire zone valves at the rate of one per yeAR. iS THERE ANOTHER ZONE VALVE THAT WOULD BE MORE RELIABLE?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

ABOUT 3-5 YEARS.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have 4 zones in my house and the two lower level zones work fine but the 2 upstairs which baiscally are the most lived in. Also I have 2 transformers for 4 thermostats . All thermostats are are programable except one. The basic system was created in 1970.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

I don't think the thermostats are the problem as they did a good job when changing the different temp levels

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/18/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 7 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

I'm not a fan of White Rodgers zone valves. Honeywell or Taco would be a better choice but you'd have to replace all the zone valves

Is ther something aboutAre there something about the W_R valves that don't stand up?w-

It's the 3 wire config. Severly limits thermostat options.