HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My Honeywell electric ignition on hot water heater wont

My Honeywell electric ignition...

My Honeywell electric ignition on hot water heater wont light burners

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Just replaced piolt assembly and will blink to engage burners but when i move dial to start wont light burners on Hot water heater

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

IT will click and can hear gas going to pilot but wont start burners

11/18/2017
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello, one minute while I get some information together. Note it takes time to type so please be patient.

What honeywell control is it?

To my Hot water Heater

Is it an intellivent controller or can you send me a pic of the controller?

sent a picture

Upload it here using the paperclip attachment please

Just resent photo
Any HelpYet

I am not getting anything on my end. See if you can send it again. I will be out for about 30 minutes and will check back, or get me something off the controller I have no idea what control you have.

on my hot water heater

Yes I need the make and model of the unit or hot water heater to help nothing is listed other than Honeywell.

Kenmore Model###-##-####

OK got it is the status light flashing the heartbeat pattern?

Did you get that message?

got it

OK is it flashing the heartbeat pattern?

OK but when you turn it to A or B no gas is sent to the main burner? If not you have a bad gas valve and on that one give it a hard tap when set to A or B and see if it fires up.

Ok

Let me know what happens.

Just going to get new hwh

OK the last thing you can try is to shut the knob to the off position wait for the light to stop flashing completely then do a relight on it. If it does not work you need a new valve or replace the hot water heater, sorry for the bad news, those new controls are junk.

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.

HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH