HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Just recently had my home appraised and bug inspected to…

Customer Question
Just recently had my...

Just recently had my home appraised and bug inspected to secure a refinance a cash out loan. I live where the rain water settles under the house a couple times a year. It is from a creek down the road. The state is working on getting the situtaiton under control. But the bug inspector said that I have to put a cement vent well in the crawl spots because he didn't find any bugs but said he found dampness and will be trouble in the future. Now I understand that some people do not approve of this treatment. What say you?

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

About 10 years and it usually gets about 2 inches under the house if we have a severe winter.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

NO I have two carpenters hired for other home improvements but they are both against it and said it willj just make the water sit there longer?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No that is what I am trying to find out now because I am an old lady and don't know about such things

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/18/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 8 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

I agree with your carpenters. I'd suggest you try another source for financing since the one you have now will likely stick with their inspectors report.

Do you have more questions?