HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Blower motor not working but gets hot. 2 days. Outside unit…

Customer Question
Blower motor not working...

Blower motor not working but gets hot.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

2 days

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Outside unit comes on for a minute or two when on ac.blower doesnt work on heat either

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Yes on settings and filer good

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/18/2017
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 9 months ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech

My name is Billy.

You only have 2 choices....since it is hot we know it has power..

So it is either a motor with bad windings or a bad capacitor....if while energized...you can reach in and spin the blower wheel..if the blower actually tries to turn and run it is a bad capacitor.

If the motor feels stiff or spins and stops then the motor is bad.

Billy

Thanks Billy. Illgive it a couple try.

let me know if you have any more questions about it,'

Ok will do

Once all set just rate service to close and move off the active list (5 star system)

Billy