HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Is it unsafe to turn off the fans when using the L38DF gas…

Is it unsafe to...

Is it unsafe to turn off the fans when using the L38DF gas fireplace for a few hours?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what type of fireplace is this?

It is a natural gasMontigo L38DF fireplace. model

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

The fireplace is already installed and working well since its installation by a professional 6 years ago. The two fans normally startafter 15-20 minutes that the fireplace has been turn on. I.can unpluged the electric standard3 wires plug

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

My only concern is that if I unplug the fans that the temperature insidethe controlplace where the gas control knob is located can reach LEVEL WHICH COULD BE HAZARDOUS

11/18/2017
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

You don't have to run the fans at all. They are an accessory/an add on to aid in moving the heat from the fireplace more efficiently. They have no impact on fireplace operation

thank you

You're welcome

Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor