HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Do you charge a fee? just recently, tried to lite propane…

Customer Question
Do you charge a...

Do you charge a fee?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just recently, tried to lite propane heat stove, pilot lites, and when I release the hold down knob to turn on burner , the pilot goes out, as long as I hold down the the lite knob , it will stay lit

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

I took the access cover off, (filter) all it was a little piece of yellow insulation, all areas , and the fiberglass looked very clean

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, i would have no problem, remove and replace the control, but i am having problems trying to locate one ( the control is at least 40 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes, where can i find a replacemaent. "Robert shaw grayson" control 1000

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/18/2017
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 10 months ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hi I amCustomer a independent technician, I will assist you with your issue.

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE after we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

You will only need to change the thermocouple first, not the gas valve

It is the part that is attatched to the pilot assembly (metal pin)

Also you want to make sure it is scewed in snug in the gas valve

Click the link to see what part looks like

https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/0ed550ef-70e9-4988-903c-f6262753eed1_1.ef2080e3b39bdbf45f81175468315502.jpeg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=FFFFFF

I noticed question is still open, rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE if we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.