HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

Looking for replacement blower motor for an old RUUD gas

Customer Question
furnace model HN-175JD...
Looking for replacement blower motor for an old RUUD gas furnace model HN-175JD blower # RL10-9DUH
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the pilot light?
Customer: Not the issue. Blower motor stating slow and lugging. Drawing too much current
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: If I could find a spec. sheet would be great or a web site where I can cross to a replacement motor. the furnace is vintage 1974. can't get the home owner to replace
Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: HVAC
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Model # correction RUUD HM-175JD 175K Btu, natural draft, combo fan limit,
11/18/2017
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 25 days ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician

Russ here. Any universal 115 volt motor will work. I will get you info. Russ

Amazon has part. Part number EM3466. about 65.00 You will also need a 10 uf capacitor with fan. Just google 10uf 370 capacitor and it will come up on amazon. You may just need a capacitor on fan motor. They get weak over time. It is the oval silver component possible on fan housing with 2 wires attached. The size is on the capacitor. It will have the uf then voltage. The uf means microfarad. Russ

HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 22 days ago

Did you order motor for your furnace. How did it go? I will open rate box for you. Russ

gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician