HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a York central heat unit. The problem is it wants to…

Customer Question
I have a York...

I have a York central heat unit. The problem is it wants to turn on to give heat but shuts off after about 2 seconds and keeps on doing the same thing. Had this problem 3 weeks ago. Unplugged limit switche and it worked just fine but no heat. Replaced limit switch worked just fine. Same problem now figured I bought a faulty switch. Got new switch put it in didn't fix prob like last time

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Settings on heat and new filter with first new switch it's still clean.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Hopefully It does give me a code same code as last time

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The code it gives me says control failure

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/18/2017
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 7 months ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hi I am Gaztech1, a independent technician, I will assist you with your issue.

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE after we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

This sounds more like a dirty flame sensor, located to be positioned in front of burner, with purple wire pluged to it. take it out and sand the metal end clean. then retry.

http://s3.supplyhouse.com/images/products/zoom/9006106205-3.jpg

Ok. Took it out sanded it to shiny metal out back in and didn't fix problem
Like I said I did that and it still has the same problem

OK

Do you get burners to light for those 2 seconds?

If it sits left alone for a while and i turn it on the burner turns on I see it glow red It will try for about 5-7 seconds to actually ignite than shuts off. From there on out no red glow and it only has a 1-2 second attempt. This is the same problem in every way I had 3 weeks ago. Replaced limit switch cleared code and it's been running jus fine since Than. Until today. I even replaced limit switch because I thought the limit switch I bought three weeks ago just was a faulty one

And what error code are you getting this time?

Control failure

Opting out, have to let another tech assist you

Opting out ?? So I have to go thru all this all over again with another tech ?????