HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Just inherited my grandparents house. Built in 1972. They…

Customer Question
Just inherited my grandparents house...
Just inherited my grandparents house. Built in 1972. They have a closet that is 50 by 70 inches that used to house a gas water heater and a gas furnace, below the closet is the intake air. The gas furnace is gone and replaced by duct work for an air conditioner. The gas water heater has been replaced with electric. The exhuast and fresh air duct work has been left behind. I am more than happy to supply pictures. Home is 1200 sq ft. Unit im looking to buy is Model: MGM80S080B4 MRCOOL 80% AFUE 80K BTU Multi-Positon Single-Stage Multi-Speed Gas Furnace, 17.5" Cabinet http://ingramswaterandair.com/product_info.php?products_id=26872{39}620 Im more than likely gonna buy the unit and have a hvac company come and install it. My question is can i reinstall a new gas furnace in this space and would this gas furnace i have linked work in this application. Thank you.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/17/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 8 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Yes if running the exhaust vent is not an issue. Also to size it properly you would need a heat loss analysis calculation done.

HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 7 months ago

Do you have more questions?