HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a 5 ton package unit. the first time i turn on the…

Customer Question
I have a 5...

I have a 5 ton package unit . the first time i turn on the heater its creating a large amount of sut in the exhaust

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

They are all clean , the flames are making sut in the unit

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Is there a conversion from natural to propane i am using propane

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/17/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 9 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

What is the model on unit.Most do come shipped with larger orifices and a different valve for natural gas and must be changed for propane.

how can i determine which nothing is written

There should be a model on unit.If you can get that we can look it up

Headed out of town for weekend shortly.If you can get me model I will try to help you find the correct lp kit for the unit.