HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Can I use a 5 inch vent to vent a new direct vent stove? I…

Customer Question
Can I use a...

Can I use a 5 inch B vent to vent a new direct vent stove?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

I am in the process of buying a new stove and wondered itf there is a smaller vent than the ^ 8 vent that comes with the stove.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I just didn't want to make a larger hole in the roof and ceiling to acomadate the newq direct vent.

Contractor's Assistant: Have you talked to a roofing professional yet?

No The sales man for the stove wants $1700 to enlarge the hole and install the direct vent

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/17/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 8 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

You must use the size required in the manufacturer's install instructions. I'm assuming this is a gas stove