HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I own a model KWP324 wall mount propane heater. With the gas…

Customer Question
I own a model...

I own a model KWP324 wall mount propane heater. With the gas turned on but the heater shut off we smell no propane gas. When I turn the heater on, within minutes thee is a smell of gas. Even if I run it for a couple of hours the smell doesn't go away. we are afraid to sleep in the small 700 cub ft home. what do you sugggest?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just the past week. Last year we used it infrequently and never smelled the gas.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I would prefer having someone who is familiar with this type of heater but if this isn''t practicall, I would try and repair the problem.my self

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What type of service man could I ccall and how far away would they have to travel?

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/17/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 9 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

An gas heating tech could fix this for you. Your propane company probably has techs on staff or on call.