HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

What is p49 error message on buderus logamax plusGB142. I…

Customer Question
What is p49 error...

What is p49 error message on buderus logamax plusGB142

Contractor's Assistant: How old is the appliance? Have you gotten error messages before?

I think 2004 -or 2005

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No I have a plumber

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No does it have something to do with water pressure

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/18/2017
HVAC Technician: Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician replied 9 months ago
Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician

hi i am dan i can help you with this. that is not an error code for that boiler. it is simply stating that it is reading the pressure at 49 psi which is very high for that boiler. it should not be over 25 psi. i would reccomend turning off the water suply to the boiler and draining the water out until it gets to 20 psi. then turn the water back on if the pressure starts rising again the fill valve may need to be adjusted or replaced.