HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

HAVE A TRANE XL 80 REPLACED THE PART 50A51-495 WHICH IS NOW

Customer Question
OBSOLETE WITH PART CNTO7566...
HAVE A TRANE XL 80 REPLACED THE PART 50A51-495 WHICH IS NOW OBSOLETE WITH PART CNTO7566 THE PART IS NOT IDENTICAL TO THE ORIGINAL BUT IT IS INSTALLED AND THE FURNACE WORKS MY QUESTION IS WHY IS THE RED LIGHT BLINKING. BLINK, BLINK PAUSE...THEN BLINK BLINK PAUSE.
JA: Did you check the furnace's filters?
Customer: GOOD QUESTION. REPLACED THE ONE ABOVE THE FURNACE MID OCTOBER THIS YEAR.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: IF ITS STRAGHT FORWARD THEN YES.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I JUST WANT TO BE SURE ITS SAFE. SO IF YOU CAN TELL ME WHAT THE RED LIGHT BLINKING TWICE MEANS THAT WOULD BE A BIG HELP
Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: HVAC
11/17/2017
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 25 days ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hi I amCustomer a independent technician, I will assist you with your issue.

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE after we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

Check on the control board where it says DIAGNOSTIC INDICATOR (2 flashes) System lockout, no flame... It seems to think the power syplying the furnace is inverted. check it out and mqake sure ground wire is pluged furnace ground( green wire)

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Just a min please

Check on the control board where it says DIAGNOSTIC INDICATOR (2 flashes) System lockout, no flame... It seems to think the power sypplying the furnace is inverted. White common wire to white and black positive wire to black.

check it out and make sure ground wire is pluged furnace ground ( green wire)

If all proves good, shut power to furnace 10 sec the try and see if still flashes.

I have to punch out. hope this helps you understand the situation.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Trouble shooting page for the new part...ignition control.. for red light flashing two times says the pressure switch stuck closed/inducer error the comments then say pressure switch stuck closed. Check function, verify inducer is turning off

OK I had the wrong generation board.

Pull little rubber tube of the power ventor (exhast fan)

the blow in and out a little bit like you do with a straw. with your mouth

this with move the pressure switch diagphram to unstuck it.

Part looks something like this picture in t heblue link

I have to punch out, will be back latter. hope this resolves your issue, if not then replace pressure switch with new one, get it at your local dealer.

Gaztech
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician