HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Thermostat will not shut off heat even though it is in the…

Customer Question
Thermostat will not shut...

Thermostat will not shut off heat even though it is in the "off" position.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Filters have been changed, settings have been checked

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No! I have had this house for 6 years, would it need a new one

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Thermostat is in the off position. should the heat not cut off? it has been over an hour now

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/17/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 8 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

What type of heatng system do you have? If it's warm air is it still blowing warm or cold air?

HVAC Technician: michaelj-cssm,
 replied 8 months ago
michaelj-cssm
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. http://www.justanswer.com/hvac/at636-thermostat-will-not-shut-off-heat-even-though.html Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.

Still waiting for a response