HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

We have a Carrier Model 40FQ916090 & 40FS160300 heater 7 A/C…

Customer Question
We have a Carrier...

We have a Carrier Model 40FQ916090 & 40FS160300 heater 7 A/C unit. The heater is blowing cold air only, regardless of the temp setting. Do you have any ideas? It's 1:00 a.m. and the house is cold.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Yes. Thermostst settings are on 72, (were 75). I just checked & cleaned the filters. They were dirty & clogged.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If there is a quick fix or troubleshoot that I can do right now, otherwise I will have to call a tech in the morning.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
Output temperature is staying at a constant 67 degrees. Thermostat setting was at 75, but is currently at 72.
11/17/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 8 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

If furnace is not coming on or does not stay on , there should be an error light flashing on the control board in blower compartment to indicate what has failed. If you can locate this and tell me the pattern of the flash, that will point us in the right direction for troubleshooting.

Also let me know if you have a multi meter for troubleshooting.WE will go from here