HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

A brick fell off the side of my small cabin fireplace.

Customer Question
A brick fell off...

A brick fell off the side of my small cabin fireplace. Bricks have no mortor. Fire is burning...a eminent problem

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what type of fireplace is this?

Front load wood. Glads front. Handle to open. Heat up a metal chimney

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

What kind of wk is necessary. Bricks are weigjted on each other. Ceiling has a metal frame

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Am i safe with a fire presently burning

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: HVAC
Sorry. Imp called. Needed ro take it
I have an energy king woodstove witj gold door, ash pan and with pedestal
A brick in the back fell out during a use.
1. How do i fix this 17 yr old back wall brick
2. Am i safe using the free standing fire place. It heats my cabin
It's 22 degrees outside
Can i still have fires
How do i fix this problem
11/17/2017
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 9 months ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hi I am Gaztech1, a independent technician, I will assist you with your issue.

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE after we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

Generaly the refractory bricks are used to avoid direct overheating of metal plates to prevent warping, it is still safe for you to use it for the night.

Sleep tight!!