HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have an Englander MDL 13-NCH 6" pipe. I have always been…

Customer Question
I have an Englander...

I have an Englander MDL 13-NCH 6" pipe. I have always been confused about the connection on the top of the stove to the black pipe. It doesn't seem to fit tight inside it and I get some blow back smoke from it now and then. Is there a collar or adapter that would fit around the outside of the connection rather than inside or is something else wrong?

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Ever since I have had it. The blow back smoke is not that severe but enough to annoy

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can..

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No. Not really that's the major problem.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/17/2017
HVAC Technician: Paul the Plumber, HVAC Technician replied 8 months ago
Paul the Plumber
Paul the Plumber, HVAC Technician

Hello I may be able to help. When you say it doesn't fit tight what is the space that you are talking about. Would you say the width of a playing card on edge or like that?

It is a good practice to seal all the joints with a high temp sealer that is made for stoves. If you seal the joints this should take care of the puffing.