HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have an Englander MDL 13-NCH 6" pipe. I have always been

Customer Question
I have an Englander MDL...
I have an Englander MDL 13-NCH 6" pipe. I have always been confused about the connection on the top of the stove to the black pipe. It doesn't seem to fit tight inside it and I get some blow back smoke from it now and then. Is there a collar or adapter that would fit around the outside of the connection rather than inside or is something else wrong?
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: Ever since I have had it. The blow back smoke is not that severe but enough to annoy
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can..
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No. Not really that's the major problem.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: HVAC
11/17/2017
HVAC Technician: Paul the Plumber, HVAC Technician replied 1 month ago
Paul the Plumber
Paul the Plumber, HVAC Technician

Hello I may be able to help. When you say it doesn't fit tight what is the space that you are talking about. Would you say the width of a playing card on edge or like that?

It is a good practice to seal all the joints with a high temp sealer that is made for stoves. If you seal the joints this should take care of the puffing.

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer