HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

Having a problem with our fireplace... looking for some

Customer Question
HI, having a problem with...
HI, having a problem with our fireplace... looking for some assistance in troubleshooting
JA: Just to clarify, what type of fireplace is this?
Customer: Heatilator CNXT4236ILT
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I'm trying
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not that I can think of
Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: HVAC
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
It worked fine last year. When I turn the power on this year, the pilot doesn't light. I read the troubleshooting in the manual and tested the module for spark. It did not spark, so we ordered a new module. Replaced it and still no pilot or spark from the module.
11/17/2017
HVAC Technician: Iohn Keffer, HVAC Technician replied 24 days ago
Iohn Keffer
Iohn Keffer, HVAC Technician

This answer is based on the information you have given.If you have any additional information you would like to add, you can use the reply box below for additional questions, comments, or would like to upload helpful photos.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue.

I see were there is a DC. Battery power supply voltage must be at least 4 volts. If below 4 volts,

replace batteries The batters are int the pilot circuit.

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE after we are done. this will credit my account for assisting you. thanks

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
From what I am reading the batteries are only required for a power outage? Also, there were no batteries in it last year when it worked fine.
HVAC Technician: Iohn Keffer, HVAC Technician replied 23 days ago
my computer went down yesterday and I can't get this phone to work I would like for you to request another expert to help you under the circumstances thank you
HVAC Technician: Jerry, Service Technician replied 20 days ago
Jerry, Service Technician

Welcome to Just Answer!n Sorry I have not been logged on for a while and I saw this question was still open. There are a couple things I would look at. 1. Make sure you have power coming into the module, from the transformer plug in. You should have about 3-4 volts. 2. make sure the ground wire is secure, I have replaced several parts on these only to find the ground had over heated and broke off from the fireplace. Let me know if you need further help.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Jerry, Service Technician