HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My condenser trap on my Potterton Combi Promax is full i…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl my condenser...

Hi Pearl my condenser trap on my Potterton Combi Promax is full i have just discovered this is the reason why i had a pool of water on my worktop , how can i deal with this please

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

About a week , when i go to work and return about 8 hours later there is a pool of water, during the night the same happens gentle drips i have an old towel underneath catching it but it is not ideal i have placed a mirror underneath and checked all the pipes they are all dry , the water is coming down the gap between the wall and boiler

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No im not that confident if it is a fairly easy to do i will have a go , i lose water pressure at least once a week so would like to get it sorted

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No i think i have covered all the points i only discovered the condenser was full tonight after speaking to a colleague earlier today who said that may be the problem

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/17/2017
HVAC Technician: Andrew Smith, HVAC Technician replied 8 months ago
Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, HVAC Technician
Ate you able to remove the cheap to clean the trap and pipework leading to the drain?