HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My unit is only 2 months old, just tried heat because of…

Customer Question
My unit is only...

My unit is only 2 months old, just tried heat because of cold weather. All it does is blow cold air, even if set on 80 degrees

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

The filters are clean, originally it was set on 75 degrees-- no difference just cold air

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If i can yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I called Lowes where i purchased it, they wouldn't help

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/16/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 8 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, Its probably defective, if it is a free standing or window type AC it should have at least a 90 day or 1 year warranty... if that is the case tell them you want to make a warranty claim and get it replaced with a unit that works.

Meantime I need the brand and model number of the unit.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

.

OPENING STATEMENTS

Important note about RATING my work:

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor ... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally.. and with over 8,000 questions answered here since 2009, with a 98.5% satisfaction rating.

.

All I ask is please respect me and my input by selecting the***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site. Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair,and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course, and goes beyond what most other experts here offer.....rate my answer so far positively.. . and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime so to speak.

That said, I cannot guarantee that you will not do something unsafe, or cause damages. You take that risk.

.

Lacking a positive rating I can spend days helping a person at my own expense and loose my shirt, shorts and socks on the deal.

.

Phone call offers:

If you wish to accept the companies $25 phone call offer, if indeed they send you one, this will go a *lot faster, but it IS 100% optional... or we can continue here in this dialog box at no additional charge.