HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Woke up this am and the uptairs zone had no heat. Checked…

Customer Question
Woke up this am...

Woke up this am and the uptairs zone had no heat. Checked the thermostat backlight did not come on and replace battery blinking. Replaced batteries, light came on, and when I raised the temp setting the thermostat clicked, heat on message came on, but 30 min later no heat. Downstairs working fine

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

All settings reset, filters just changed with annual service

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

What work?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/16/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 8 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation. Is this a warm air or hot water system?

hot water

Ok, do you have zone valves (what brand) or a pump for each zone? Did you hear wter rushing through the pipes recently when the heat was working in this zone?

I am all set. Thanks.

You're welcome