HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My furnace came on at 6:00 am when it was suppose to still…

Customer Question
My furnace came on...

My furnace came on at 6:00 am when it was suppose to still be set at 62. Nothing I did could get it to shut off

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

Just changed it a week ago

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I did change it! Also about 2 weeks ago got a reading saying my sensors were not reading then after a time it corrected itself

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Furnace finally just shut down. I do not trust thermostat as this is second incidence of it acting up

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/16/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 8 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Sounds like have a bad thermostat. You can confirm this by removing the wire connected to the R terminal on the thermostat when it's running wild. If it shuts down replace the thermostat