HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Honeywell propane furnace and the pilot is out.

Customer Question
I have a Honeywell...

I have a Honeywell propane furnace and the pilot is out. Iwhen the propane guy came today he said it was an automatic electrical light one but it’s not on

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

No, where would they be?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I was hoping to. My son is also here.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

There is a red switch for the gas line and I’m not sure if that should be up or down.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: HVAC
The turn on valve has an on, an off and a C but the valve won’t move to the C
11/16/2017
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 5 months ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello, one minute while I get some information together. Note it takes time to type so please be patient.

If you are talking about the gas lever it should be in line with the gas pipe that is on. If it is perpendicular that is off.

My son says that the light is blinking twice. The thermostat control switch is showing a 4
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH