HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Which symbol on the Friedrich heating/cooling unit is for…

Customer Question
Which symbol on the...

Which symbol on the Friedrich heating/cooling unit is for heat? Thank you!

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

I have only been using the remote by selecting either the snowflake or sunshine symbol and trying to keep set on 60 degrees to keep hardwood floors warm enough in the winter time on our enclosed porch. I keep on auto fan with low speed. Is the snowflake symbol for heat? Thank you!

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have, in the past, clicked the remote to the snowflake symbol for heat but, suddenly, it seems cold. Is this the right symbol for heat?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/16/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 10 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Normally a flame.What is model on unit?