HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My lennox heater is not heating. The thermostat is set. I…

Customer Question
My lennox heater is...

My lennox heater is not heating.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

The thermostat is set. I did not check the filter, but it is only 10 months old and the fan is running, when I just trun on the fan

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not sure yet

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I can hear noise from the unit when it should be firing up. The LED indicator on the side is not showing anything

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
model is C33-44C-2-6
led is blinking three times which means pressure switch is open with inducer on
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/16/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 8 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

These furnaces are what is known as a "condensing" furnace which means they actually condense water from the burning process and must be properly drained.

There are hoses in the furnace and a drain going outside.The slightest amount of debris or standing water in the main drain or one of those hoses will effect the vacuum on the switch.Also the slightest blockage in intake or exhaust will effect the vacuum.I have seen as minor as a spider wed in one of the vents cause this. Then add to that ,most of these pressure switches we get are imported from either China or Mexico and not unusual to get a bad one that sticks open or closed.

First make sure there is no water standing in the hoses

I don't see any water being blocked. The intake and exhaust are pvcs.

If inducer is running , no water backed up in hoses and vent clear, sounds like a bad pressure switch.

Next I want you to locate the pressure switch. It will be a small round canister with a hose attaching it to the inducer housing. Remove hose from inducer housing and leave it attached to the pressure switch. Power off and back on to reset board again, Then call for heat at thermostat. Allow inducer to start then suck on the end of hose still attached to pressure switch and see if switch will close and burners ignite.

Pressure switch may be metal or plastic, See below

http://i.imgur.com/xz4NcnM.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/at2Z27r.jpg

Remove top panel and send a pic inside of furnace