HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a 19.9 Rheem 120 volt water heater it does not have a…

I have a 19.9...

I have a 19.9 Rheem 120 volt water heater it does not have a drain valve . how do I drain it ?

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

No Problem at the moment it I installed it 2 years ago an when installing noticed no drain valve . How do you drain it ?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes I installed it

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just that that model heater has no drain

Answered in 1 minute by:
11/15/2017
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

These small 120 volt heaters have to b disconnected from the piping then dumped out to drain. I'm assuming this model, like almost all of them, only has piping connections on top

I was afraid of that its in a very tight closet but the cold intake is on the side about 4" up from bottom Thank you

You're welcome

Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor