HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My boiler will not come up to temp.Weil-McLain Gold GV

Customer Question
My boiler will not...

My boiler will not come up to temp.Weil-McLain Gold GV boiler (Series2) I have gone through the trouble chart listed in the owner manual but have come to a dead end. The circulating pump is operating

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

It started last night. I have also checked the block switch and it is closed. The limit switch is closed as well. I have changed out the control module with another boiler and still have the same results. The power light is on and when it cycles through the purge light comes on and the fan functions. Then the ignitor comes on for the usual time then the flame light comes on. Sometimes it will stay on for 5 or 10 seconds and other times it will stay on for about 2 minutes.Each time it fails there is a clicking sound in the gas valve and the unit shuts down. Do you think I have a faulty gas valve or some other problem

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

I have three zones and all stats are calling for heat. There is no filter on this model.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I am very handy and will give it a try.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I think that is the full story

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/15/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 8 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

When the burner shuts down what LED is flashing on the control?